What can we offer?
- Our team’s core skills were developed in the Formula 1 motorsport environment, but also in elite sports. PES Performance’s Managing Director, Mike Maddock, was an international athlete for seven years competing in the extreme sport of Bob Skeleton and so understands the extremes of competitive sport.
- The team has worked with many athletes across multiple sporting environments and our design team understands very well that it is not about just designing a high-performance piece of sporting equipment. It is about designing that equipment to the capabilities of the athlete and that the equipment will have to evolve as the athlete evolves.
- Performance improvement at an elite level is about understanding the ‘sum of all parts’. That includes understanding that designs should deliver small repeatable gains in many different areas to deliver an overall winning solution. Performance at this level of sport is measured in 100ths of a second and microns.
- The team must also work closely with and understand the athlete and support them so as to deliver the optimum performance package. We also have access to some of the most successful performance and sports coaches to ensure that the engineering design is only part of the overall deliverable.
- We utilise this expertise when developing performance solutions, project or commercial premium sports products and that, combined with our knowledge of design, materials, manufacture, and the understanding that in the volume sport product market there has to be a fine balance between performance and user interface.
- One of our key skills is in composite design and this is in great demand as composites become more popular, however, there are very few who truly understand how to maximise the opportunities that composites can deliver. For more information, please read our engineering materials article.
- We have worked in Olympic summer and winter sports, cycling and yacht racing in the Americas Cup to name a few.
- Currently the team is working on sports simulation, lightweight performance racing cycles, wheel design optimisation, and other sport associated equipment.
- We were also part of the team developing the world most technically advanced golf driver as part of the ‘Zen Work’ team.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please call us for a chat
at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or email with your enquiry.