Are you a Senior FEA Engineer with extensive experience who is looking to progress into a more senior role with the opportunity to build your own FEA team in the future?
We provide detailed FEA work and calculations to clients as part of our engineering design, analysis, and product development services..
Reporting to the Engineering Director you will be responsible for leading the growing analysis part of our consultancy business and influencing our developments in this specialism.
We are looking for an individual with strong technical competence in delivering non-linear FEA, but who can also be autonomous in understanding customer requirements and subsequently scoping proposals and ultimately helping to win the work. A deep understanding of setting up simulations and simplification of geometry to best interpret the real physics of the component, assembly or product is essential.
We envisage that this person will have the capability to grow into a senior management role within our company.
Performance Engineered Solutions (PES) Ltd is an high-performance engineering design services business, based on the Advanced Manufacturing Park in Sheffield City Region. We currently have two elements to the business:
PES Performance: pes-performance.com
Delivers high quality and technologically advanced solutions in engineering design, research & development and consultancy to clients from a broad range of industry sectors. The business has a portfolio of clients from entrepreneurial or technical individuals and SMEs through to large international OEMs.
Our multi-disciplinary team of design engineers have a broad spectrum of engineering skills and materials and manufacturing knowledge. This allows us to problem solve at all levels and cross-pollinate techniques and technologies from one sector to another.
PES Scanning: pes-scanning.com
Is a 3D data capture business that supports and compliments the services offered by the engineering design team. The scanning business uses a variety of 3D digital data capture hardware and software to meet the needs of our clients. We offer metrology, measurement and quality control solutions, data capture for reverse engineering along with large scale data capture from aircraft through to complete factories. The team are Engineers that scan, not just scanning technicians.
You will be:
- A key member of the engineering design team, delivering FEA simulations, plots and reports against specifications, codes and/or standards and supporting the design team with simulations and consultancy as part of their design activities.
- In depth experience producing design calculations and static simulations for approvals and design verification. Knowledge of Eurocodes/ASME BPVC is desirable.
- Knowledge of Ansys workbench, Classic/APDL and shell modelling is essential.
- Ability to understand and infer mesh methodology and mesh convergence appropriately.
- Understanding of anisotropic materials, composite and layup modelling is desirable.
- Understanding of explicit dynamic impact modelling would be a bonus for the ideal candidate.
- Ability to determine load factors, safety factors and simulation environment in lieu of any appropriate standards in conjunction with structural testing.
- Able to understand customer requirements and prepare commercial proposals.
- Able to articulate a challenge or a solution clearly in a way the client will understand.
- Able to manage and deliver projects and ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Offer consultative proposals for clients looking to develop or evolve in-house solutions.
- Able to contribute more generally as a result of wider mechanical engineering experience and design capability.
Other Key Aspects to the Role
- Provide technical leadership across the company as the FEA authority.
- Take a leadership position within the team, coaching and mentoring more junior team members .
- Train and support the next generation of FEA engineers to build a capable PES Analysis team.
- Drive collaboration internally and externally.
- Take the lead and support strategic projects.
- Foster and develop a strong team spirit.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally for short periods of time.
- Degree level Mechanical engineering qualification (or equivalent).
- In depth understanding of FEA techniques and software (e.g. ANSYS or similar).
- 5+ years delivering successful FEA projects across a variety of product and project types.
- Some experience of applying FEA to composites is highly desirable.
- An ability to validate FEA models, and their corresponding outputs, against physical testing data and ‘real life’ scenarios.
- Experience of working with a variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Commercially minded with excellent communication and customer interfacing skills.
- A positive attitude which enjoys solving a challenge rather than focussing on why something cannot be accomplished.
- Good team player, open to change and advancement and will bring a good sense of humour to the team.
As part of a growing business that seeks to innovate and improve, your ideas and expertise will be valued, in a vibrant, fast moving, working environment where no two projects are the same, and where your skill and experience will be highly appreciated and recognised.
- Salary aligned to experience.
- Extremely wide range of projects.
- Personal training and development support.
- Pension Scheme.
- 6 weeks holiday.
- Death in service benefits.
Application for FEA Job
"*" indicates required fields