Tooling, jigs and fixtures design
What can we offer?
- Our team all know too well the importance of tooling, jigs and fixtures design in manufacturing. Having a creative and innovative approach to a client’s manufacturing problem is crucial, whilst at the same time making the solution as robust and simple as possible.
- Absolute accuracy and repeatable tolerances are crucial and therefore the key focus within the design stage is to ensure that the piece is robust enough to deliver the same critical tolerances time and time again. We will also consider the downstream inspection and validation of the jig.
- We understand that all our client’s requirements are bespoke and that the experience of our team, working in multiple environments is crucial. We can deliver the solution that best meets those requirements with a focus on sustainability, tolerances, repeatability, volumes, inspection and validation.
- Our design optimisation process ensures that the final solution will save both time, money, accuracy and repeatability.
- Tooling, jigs and fixtures are the key to success in producing real gains in productivity and quality. Early involvement of our team during the design study phase may reduce or even eliminate the need for tools.
- Our aim is to provide technical support and encouragement for our clients and to assist them in maximising productivity and ultimately payback for their investment.
- We offer a broad range of tooling services ranging from detail fixtures and individual assembly tools to composite tool solutions and assembly jigs. This includes scanning, inspection and validation of tooling, jigs and fixtures. Our expertise enables innovative integrated tooling and our proven solutions span from design through to life cycle support.
- In addition, we can offer full turnkey packages on complete tooling solutions.
- Carry out an audit, (root cause analysis) reducing the number of jigs and fixtures required to optimise the manufacturing process.
- Inspection and Certification; Certify and proof the accuracy of your fixtures using the blue light 3D scanning system from PES Scanning. This can take place either after manufacture, and/or as part of a periodic assurance inspection of assembly jigs to certify them within the tolerances required. This support is global.
Our services include:
- Integration of conventional and automatic tooling
- Drilling fixtures
- Holding fixtures
- Trimming fixtures
- Bonding fixtures
- Inspection fixture
- Sector specific tooling i.e. automotive, aerospace, medical
- CNC/Machine tooling
- Welding and fabrication fixtures
- Form and press tools
- Fixture and tooling reduction solutions
- Optimisation and efficiency of current solutions
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Improvements/enhancements of manual assembly tasks
- Processes development to optimise human performance through layouts of tooling and equipment with manufacturing team’s capabilities