What can we offer?
- At PES Performance our qualified aerospace and mechanical design engineers fully support our sister company- PES Scanning.
- PES Scanning is more than just a scanning or metrology company. The team can offer a full end to end solution from data capture through to manufacture.
- Our team specialise in reverse engineering services and use various technologies to capture the data.
- These include:
What is reverse engineering?
- Reverse engineering is the process of collecting data from a piece of equipment, object or system through the analysis of its structure, function and operation, often when there is no digital data available to analyse. It often involves deconstructing an object and analysing its workings in detail.
- Reverse engineering was originally a crucial tool to gain military advantage and latterly for commercial analysis and gain. The purpose is to deduce design decisions from end products with little or no additional knowledge about the procedures involved in the original production.
- We use the same techniques to replace incorrect, incomplete, or otherwise unavailable documentation for legacy equipment through a digital archiving process.
- The reverse-engineering process involves measuring an object and then reconstructing it as a 3D model. The measured data alone, is usually represented as a point cloud, but lacks topological information and is therefore just an image. The image is then modelled in CAD into a more usable format that can be manipulated or optimised.