What can we offer?
- Our team has the experience and the tools to ensure we can provide the correct solution for our clients.
What is Kinematics?
- Kinematics is the study of the motion of objects.
- “Motion study” is a term for simulating and analysing the movement of mechanical assemblies and mechanisms. Traditionally, motion studies have been investigated in two areas: kinematics and dynamics.
- Dynamics is the study of motion that results from forces. Kinematics is the study of motion without regard to forces that cause it.
- Kinematics is a simulation showing where all of the parts in an assembly are in time as it goes through a cycle. This technology is useful for simulating steady-state motion (with no accelerations) as well as in evaluating motions for interference purposes. Reaction forces on the associated parts are also critical.
- One of the reasons that solid modelling is becoming so popular is that it sets a foundation for many other applications.
- It is now possible to create working drawings and realistically rendered models that look like the real thing and can be used to generate physical models via rapid prototyping.
- Similarly, studying the motion of moving mechanisms and assemblies is fast becoming an important addition to solid modelling.
What are the benefits of Kinematics?
- Simulate mechanisms to develop efficient workable designs.
- View animations to identify and study aesthetics.
- Identify interferences among moving parts–and ‘design out’ any issues immediately.
- Verify an entire mechanical system with numerous and even unrelated moving components.
- Plot out motion envelopes for designing casings ensuring clearances.
- Create animations of assembly sequences to plan for efficient manufacturing.
- Generate accurate load information for improved structural analysis.
- This process also works is harmony with Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please call us for a chat