What can we offer?
- We use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in our product optimisation process. It can identify causes of existing product failures and then be deployed to design and optimise new solutions within the constraints of the existing geometry.
- Whilst FEA can be used on all materials and equipment it is especially valuable whilst working with complex materials and geometries.
- Our highly skilled engineering team are experienced in carrying out accurate and technically meaningful FEA testing programmes.
- Not only do we provide FEA services using the MSC One suite including Apex, Nastran and Patran, but all of our team are qualified engineers with high levels of experience working in multiple high-performance sectors. Crucially, as a technology development and design engineering solution company we work with our clients to optimise and deliver best fit solutions.
- Our aim is to maximise the performance of everything we design to ensure it is efficient, cost effective and within the performance criteria.
What is FEA?
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA), is a computer simulation technique that allows any design product or equipment to be analysed in great detail to carry out a stress, vibration or heat transfer analysis and many other physical analyses.
- The designs can be constructed, refined, and optimised before the product or prototype is manufactured.
- FEA can be used as a ‘standalone option’ or as part of a suite of analysis options, that we use in developing and evaluating a product during the design process.
- FEA is beneficial in the analysis of more complex materials such as carbon fibre. In some industry sectors FEA analysis can be a prerequisite to certification or validation of components.
Applications of FEA:
- Stress Analysis– Stress, strain, failure points, fatigue, creep.
- Thermal Analysis– Conduction, convection, radiation, conjugate heat transfer.
- Vibration Analysis– Modal, harmonic, random, transient dynamic.
- Seismic Analysis– Equivalent static, response spectrum, transient dynamics.
- Impact & Crash Analysis– Equivalent static, short duration explicit simulation.
What are the benefits of FEA?
- Enhanced design and early evaluation of critical design parameters.
- Virtual prototyping capability, meaning fewer physical prototypes are required and which are aligned to rapid prototyping.
- Efficient and less expensive design cycles.
- Increased productivity, and profit.
- De-risked design process.
- Reports can be produced as part of a quality control and audit process.
- Maximise performance through material selection and cost efficiency.
- Reduced R&D and development costs.
- Certification or verification- The simulation data output is only as good as the input data. We have the engineering experience, expertise and calibre to identify any potential anomalies. We will cross check and carry out calculations to ensure the data output is correct.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please call us for a chat
at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or email with your enquiry.