What can we offer?
- Our team excel in designing from the ‘ground up’. We are experienced in developing and optimising client products that have secured worldwide patents.
- We specialise in new concept design and optimisation, operating in high performance technologies in multiple advanced industry sectors, using our breadth of engineering knowledge and experience.
- We actively encourage you to feel part of the team and take an active part in the design process. Building a strong collaborative, professional relationship throughout the project ensures we achieve the best possible design solution to meet your expectations, whilst helping assure the commercial viability of your project.
- Whatever your project, our team has the skills and experience to help you at any stage, from initial concept to completed design.
What is concept design?
- The concept design stage of any project is most important; it sets the agenda and boundaries to deliver ‘the vision’. Using the information from your brief, and our evaluation process, we explore various key areas to generate a range of concepts.
- With the added advantage of working across multiple sectors and disciplines we can often ‘cross pollinate’ technologies from other sectors to optimise and maximise the performance of our client’s concepts.
- Before we start any new project, we ensure we fully appreciate your product aspirations, commercial models and funding, and understand your market knowledge and experience. Sometimes you will have a thorough and clear vision of what you want to achieve, or you may have an idea that we need to further develop. The more information we have to work with at the start of any design challenge; the better the solution.
- Successful design and development is a balance of many essential and often opposing factors. At PES Performance, we have the engineering, commercial and network to help you in your journey from concept to reality.
What is the process?
- We start the concept design and development process by exploring your brief.
- As a team we thoroughly evaluate and test your ideas and visions. We also work with you to ensure that your idea does not conflict with any existing technology, concepts or patents.
- This process starts in our initial meetings to ensure we explore the full potential of your concept. This may become a consultative stage depending on the amount of work required.
- Working with you, we ‘drill down’ to maximise the opportunities and unlock the potential of your idea. Where appropriate, this may also include a review of your business plan, commercial model, and funding or investment opportunities.
- The process will include aligning your performance criteria to the most up to date technologies available. Through this process we discover how to make your concept a reality, by unlocking not just the concept, but all the IP and halo sale potentials.
The elements of the concept design phase:
- The Evaluation Stage: This is the most important phase, using our engineering, materials and commercial knowledge and expertise. We provide you with an array of options and ideas, all with differing features, styles, materials, and functions to create a list of options’. From these you will choose certain elements to refine your idea into a design solution. This will provide stage gates towards delivering the finished product.
- Scope of Work: We work with you to develop a scope of works to ensure that the project is fully defined and agreed. This may include setting ‘stage gates’ to ensure you can efficiently manage the project and costs.
- Design & Modelling: Once the Scope of Work is approved by you, the design phase will begin, and your ideas evolve to become a reality.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please call us for a chat
at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or email with your enquiry.