What can we offer?
- Composites is an area in which we pride ourselves and excel.
- Our expertise and experience of working at the cutting edge of design for composites comes from our pedigree in sectors including F1, aerospace, marine, Olympic sport and medical technology.
- We see many occasions where composite materials are applied to a project but without the requisite knowledge and experience. Such mistakes can cost a lot of wasted time and money.
- Our team specialise in the optimisation and transformation of old technologies. We may challenge your current thinking but we will ensure you are aware of all the alternative technological advances that could benefit the performance of your project and product.
- The services we offer stretch from structural lightweight design using the latest CAD packages, through to entire turnkey projects from conception to delivery. We offer consultancy, part-projects, or full projects, across all sectors and industries. Most importantly we offer fresh thinking, new perspectives and an unquenchable thirst for improvement.
Our Composite Design Services
- 3D & 2D Modelling
- 3D CAD models for FEA analysis
- Composite tooling design
- Layup plans or ply books showing detailed layups
- Ply draping simulations to ensure optimum performance
- Composites design to composites analysis and composites manufacturing processes
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) at the early stage of the project
- Reduce fabrication cycle time from design to manufacturing preparation and shop floor processing
Benefits of Composites
- Composite materials are gaining ground within manufacturing due to the ever-present drivers of weight, strength and cost. Although when many think of composites they automatically assume carbon composites, the term ‘composites’ covers a multitude of materials and engineering skills and knowledge. These materials may well become ‘the norm’ in many industries and used more in many more.
- Composites offer compelling opportunities to meet today’s increasingly cost-driven market requirements and environmental concerns. Uses include aircraft fairings, automotive and motorsport structures, boat hulls, wind blades, high performance sports equipment and prosthetic limbs.
- Ultra-light, strong, highly resistant and durable, composites are ideal for producing lightweight structures with tremendous performance capabilities. Yet, the design and mass-production of such sophisticated, production-ready composite parts is highly complex and expensive.
- A generic composite lay-up will enable most parts to perform adequately, and probably show some improvement. Such lay-ups are often not fully optimised and so do not exploit the performance that composite materials really provide.
- It is important to understand that the unsuccessful application of composites in the past does not necessarily mean that they are unsuitable for your project. With the correct knowledge and application, they may well provide the right solution.