What can we offer?
- Our team can support in aerodynamic design and for more advanced solutions we have a range of specialist partners that we work with. We offer Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation solutions, and can also manage real-time wind tunnel testing support and optimisation utilising our F1 network.
- The team’s pedigree is firmly embedded in high performance and extreme environments where Aerodynamic design is a key factor in optimising performance. From Formula 1, MotoGP, Elite Sports, Aerospace and Marine, we can deliver the performance efficiency you require.
- Using PES Scanning, our data capture business, we can 3D scan original data, reverse engineer or resurface the scan data mesh in CAD, and then work on optimised solutions based on the original shape and form.
- Whatever your project, our team has the skills and experience to help you at any stage, from initial concept to completed design. Please contact us for an informal chat to discuss your requirements. Whether a quick turnaround, simple tooling, modelling job, 3D scanning or complex design engineering R&D projects, we will be able to deliver a solution.
What is involved with Aerodynamics?
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) allows the computation of steady-state and transient aerodynamics of HVAC systems, vehicles, aircraft, buildings, structures, wings and rotors to extremely high levels of accuracy.
- Calculations can be made of system properties such as mass flow rates and pressure drops.
- Also, fluid dynamic forces such as lift, drag and pitching moment in addition to the wake effects. This data can be used directly for design purposes or as input to a detailed stress analysis.
- CFD simulation offers the ability to conduct comprehensive, automated, multi-point optimisation of designs. This process allows engineers to automatically optimise a design to a given set of performance parameters; i.e., to minimise drag, maximise mass flow or lift forces to given targets.
- We provide analyses ranging from simple wind load estimations to comprehensive design and optimisation of aeronautical, sports equipment or automotive vehicle geometries.