We are recruiting for an experienced Metrology Applications Engineer to join the PES Scanning team, part of PES Performance.
Candidates should be able to perform 3D scanning services based on customers’ needs (both at PES premises and at client locations) including operation of 3D scanning and data capture equipment, processing scan data, and undertaking post-scan part inspections.
- Collect 3D scan data both on and off-site.
- Perform dimensional analysis on scan data.
- Undertake post-scan inspections and compile inspection reports.
- Prepare 3D scan data for transfer into CAD packages.
- Prepare and present results to customers.
- Travel to customer sites as required performing onsite 3D scanning (national & international).
- Create quotes for client scanning projects.
- Work with design engineers to develop technical proposals to provide potential solutions for customers.
- Support PES organisation in the prospecting / sales process of potential scanning projects.
- Deliver scanning demonstrations and presentations to variety of individuals.
- Represent PES at tradeshows and other events.
- Perform training and support to the PES customer base.
- Mechanical, aerospace or industrial engineering degree strongly preferred. Non-degree candidates with related experience will be considered.
- Experience with 3D Scanning equipment (such as GOM ATOS, PCMM, Photogrammetry Laser triangulation and LIDAR systems), and related software (Polyworks, Geomagic, GOM Inspect, Spatial Analyser) is required.
- Knowledge of 3D scanning, metrology and/or reverse engineering industries is required.
- Familiarity with GD&T and inspection processes is preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing /engineering design environment.
- Pro-active self-starter with desire and ability to work within a team in a dynamic environment.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to diagnose and solve technical issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Sound planning, time management and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail while thinking strategically.
- Highly customer-focused and service-orientated.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows & Office products.
- Willingness to travel required.
- Must be able to physically lift and carry required equipment
- Compensation: Compensation based on experience
- Hours: Full Time (Some out of hours work / location work will be required at times)
Please send cv and covering letter to; email@example.com.