Professor Mike Maddock – Managing Director
Mike is the Managing Director and co-owner of PES Performance Ltd, based on the Advanced Manufacturing Park (AMP) in the South Yorkshire region and has expertise in multiple business environments.
His previous experience includes eleven years in multi-site retailing, where in his role as Regional Operations Director, he operated in excess of 175 businesses in the North of England and Scotland. These businesses had a combined annual turnover of around £200 million per year and included a total team of more than 3,500 within his region.
Mike intimately understands performance in the commercial, military and sports markets, having been a member of the Great Britain skeleton bobsleigh team for seven years. He also understands people, high pressure environments and detailed operational planning from his thirteen years as a clearance diver and bomb disposal expert in the Royal Navy.
Mike is a Visiting Professor with the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sheffield. He is the Chair of Make UK’s Yorkshire and Humber Regional Membership Board and a member of the Make UK National Membership Board. He sits on several committees advising Government. (See details below).
Mike is a member of the Small Business Charter (SBC) main board, responsible for University Business School accreditation and driving the national ‘Help to Grow’ programme for BEIS which supports SME business owners.
He was also an Export Champion (2019-22) for the Department of International Trade (DIT) and has represented the DIT on international trade missions, discussing and presenting on the subject of UK Innovation.
- Visiting Professor with the Faculty of Engineering at The University of Sheffield.
- Chair of the Make UK regional board (Yorkshire & Humber).
- Member of Make UK national membership board.
- Sits on the following expert committees through Make UK advising Government and supporting policy:
- the NetZero Committee (Originally set up to support COP 26 programme).
- the Technologies, Innovation and Digitalisation Policy Committee.
- the Energy and Sustainability Committee.
- Main board member for the Small Business Charter (SBC).
- Export Champion for the Department of International Trade (DIT) 2019-22.