Mike Maddock – Managing Director
Mike is the Managing Director and co-owner of PES Performance Ltd and has expertise in multiple business environments. His previous experience includes, eleven years in multi-site retailing, where in his role as Regional Operations Director, he was responsible for ten business development managers; and operated 175 businesses in the North of England and Scotland area. These businesses had an annual turnover of £153 million and a team of more than 3500 within his region.
Mike intimately understands performance markets, having competed for Great Britain in the sport of Skeleton bobsleigh for seven years. He also understands people, pressure environments and detailed operational planning from his thirteen years as a clearance diver and bomb disposal operative in the Royal Navy.
Mike is a Visiting Professor with the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sheffield and is a member of the Sheffield region Science & Innovation Board. He is Vice chair of Make UK’s Yorkshire and Humber Regional Membership board and a member of the Make UK National Membership Board. He is also a Export Champion (2019-22) for the Department of International Trade (DIT). Mike is a trustee on the board of the Steel Man charity and has played an integral part in the Heart of Steel project, in association with the British Heart Foundation.
- Member of the Science and Innovation Board, Sheffield City Region.
- Visiting Professor with the Faculty of Engineering at The University of Sheffield.
- An Export Champion in 2019 & 2020 for the Department of International Trade (DIT).
- Vice chair of the Make UK* regional board. (Yorkshire & Humber).
- Member of Make UK national membership board
- Board Member of Trustees Steel Man Charity.